Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yellow It Is

Remember when I was wanting to paint my new front door?  Well friends, I've done it.  Or should I say my live-in-painter, a.k.a. husband has done it.


Yellow it is!





I must admit that I was a bit self-conscious when we were painting it because it looked SUPER bright.  I kept worrying about what the neighbors would think as they drove by; he way our house is situated everyone who drives into the neighborhood can see it.  (And now you can't miss it.)  It took 5 coats of paint and a couple days to cover up the black.  I wasn't sure if I was going to end up liking it, but I LOVE it!  It is bright and fun and you can see our door way down the road.  It is fabulous.








It even matches our indoor rug, (which was there before we painted the door).  And we choose to keep the fish door knocker.




We have a neighborhood Ice Cream social on Sunday night and I'm looking forward to meeting more people in the neighborhood and telling them I live in the house with the yellow door.




What do you think?  
I won't be offended if you don't like it.  I'm sure you won't be the only one :)


Linking up with Just Because 




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks great and so cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The house with the yellow door"....that is AWESOME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's really cute!

    Amberly
    http://lifewithamberlyandjoe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!