Monday, July 15, 2013

Good Things Come out of Rock City

Have you ever been to Rock City?  I have.  And I was highly disappointed the first time I went.  It was a lot of hype and I was less than impressed.  I consider it a tourist trap.  Needless to say I don't share the same fondness for Rock City that Chris has.  

When we got married Chris had this "See Rock City" birdhouse that has been sitting on our floor for the past four years.  I admit I thought it was a waste of space and wanted to get rid of it.



Then when we moved Chris put the bird house up on a perch in the back yard.  It used to have a rotting bird bath/bird feeder on top that he removed.  I have to admit the red barn bird house does look pretty good up in the back yard- even if it does say "See Rock City"  






Well I noticed several days ago that some birds had built a nest in two of the little compartments.  When we were looking in there last week we also saw BABY BIRDS!  Yes, we have at least one baby bird!  How fun is that?!?  Now I love Chris' Rock City Bird House.  I guess it just needed to be put to good use.







I know it is a little hard to see, but that puff of hair is a baby bird :)




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This makes me laugh. We're in Chattanooga right now, and Rock City was one of the places that I had thrown around taking Tim to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!