Thursday, October 18, 2012

About

Hi!  I'm Jen.  I'm a wife, mom, labor and delivery nurse, and wanna-be little susie homemaker.  I started this blog right before our daughter was born as way for friends and family to keep up with our mundane yet sometimes crazy lives.  When Chris and I were engaged, he explained to me (according to his love of football and sports) that I would be joining "his team".  We would no longer be two people making individual decisions, but a team who decisions and actions would significantly affect the other.  "Team Bowen" soon became a common phrase around these parts.



When Team Bowen grew from two to three, it was a good transition being home all, most of the time with a baby, but sometimes I really do have to search to find meaning in our mundane daily activities.




In the past year I've become much more interested in simple, sustainable, inexpensive, and healthy living.  I share with you our journey to cut out processed foods and move back towards eating real, whole foods.  I am interested in natural cleaning and living in order to cut down the number of toxins we are exposed to.  My husband graciously and patiently puts up with me in this quest.  After all, its a team effort, right?



I wish I were a little susie-homemaker, but the truth is I'm just a fake.  If I had all the time in the world I would make everything.  But, I don't.  I like to dabble in crafts and love a good DIY project.

Chris is a minister (Yes, that makes me a pastor's wife- yikes!) working for RUF, Reformed University Fellowship at Kennesaw State University currently.  He certainly has a non-tradional schedule, which can be challenging at times, but we love it!  We love having students into our home and sharing our lives with them.




And oh yeah, my "break" during the week is when I go into work and help crazy laboring pregnant women have their babies.  Sometimes I really wish I could share my stories from work with you, but I'm pretty sure that would be some violation of HIPPA.  Perhaps you were one of those crazy laboring pregnant women at some point.  If so, I love you for it.



4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am excited to be your newest follower! I just moved to TN from Georgia (and went to Kennesaw for a semeter!) Excited to read more about your journey about healthy living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh HIPPA! Love how your blog got its name!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to have joined! I love your team name... Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - just came across your blog through a Mommy Monday link on another blog (can't remember which one!) I too am a nurse and now a mom to a little girl. Look forward to reading more, especially about natural, healthy living. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!