Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Old Table; New Look

So about a year ago, I had decided I wanted a small table in our entry way next to the front door.  It is a very narrow space and not very long, so it was somewhat difficult to find something that would fit.  Oh, and we weren't really willing to spend much if any money on it either.  We are renting right now and when we moved in we agreed we were not going to purchase any furnishings specifically for this space because it was not going to be permanent.  (We actually only thought we would be here for a year, but here we are 3 1/2 years later...)
Anyhow, turns out my parents had a table from my grandmother's old house that was the perfect size!  It was an ugly gold color that I didn't particularly care for, but it fit.






I had been saying that I was going to paint it for awhile, but never actually got around to it until a couple weekends ago.  We bought some brown spray paint (I kinda wish I had chosen more of a bronze color) and went to work.






For the cost of a couple cans of paint, I am very pleased with the results.







What do you think?  Hope you like it!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love it when you find pieces that are the perfect size for certain areas in your house? Love your new layout & look of your blog, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!