Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats



Homemade Rice Krispie Treats are good, but here are some rice krispie treats with a twist that will be sure to get some attention.
In our house ANYTHING with a chocolate-peanut butter combination is a hit.  These are a quick and easy treat that always gets gobbled up by students and the husband alike.

You might feel a bit overwhelmed by all the sweets you have just consumed; if so, mark this down for later.  I promise it will not disappoint.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup White Karo Syrup
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups chunky peanut butter
  • 2 Tbls butter
  • 5 cups Rice Krispies
  • 12 oz package of chocolate chips**


Directions
  1. Cook Karo syrup and sugar in large pot over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly
  2. Add peanut butter and butter.  Mix Well.
  3. Add 5 cups of rice krispies.  Mix well.
  4. Spread into greased 9x13in pan
  5. Melt chocolate chips and spread over top.  Place in fridge till hardens.

Cut and enjoy!

**you could also double the amount of chocolate chips for a thicker chocolate topping.  This is what I recommend.  (I only had one bag when I making these...)



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm so hungry right now. I'm at the airport to fly to Chattanooga and they didn't have any kind of granola bars (I'm at a little local airport), and this looks so so yummy. And I have those plates. Are they from Willow House?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I love that you put chocolate on top :)

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!