These are mostly splurge items and special treats, but I love them!
1. Aveda- I really do love this company and their products. I like their business model and commitment to environmental responsibility and sustainability. I exclusively use their make-up now (except for my mascara which is whatever Cover Girl or Maybelline is on-sale at Costco) and I use their lipstick. (It is not pictured because it stays in my purse.) Not only do I love their make-up, but they also have a great rewards program. I've been a Pure Privilege rewards member for almost 10 years now. It is a great deal there and there are lots of free samples, reward points that you can "cash" in for free products, as well as birthday gifts. I think there might be a one time fee to join the program now, but it was free when I first joined- even better. The foundation brush was my latest reward, and I must say I love it! I had tried several Target brushes, but they always ended up shedding on me and I did not like the way the felt on my face.
The Aveda hand relief is a special treat; it is not cheap. But it is my favorite lotion in the winter time. I love, love, love the smell and it makes my hands soft without feeling greasy. And Good Housekeeping just rated it their #1 splurge hand cream in the Jan 2013 issue.
2. Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning lip balm. I am addicted to chapstick. There is always at least one in my purse, one on my nightstand, one in my make-up bag, and one in my husbands pocket- just in case. I like this ultra conditioning formula; it goes on easy and smooth. I also appreciate this company's commitment to natural ingredients and social responsibility.
3. Harry & David Pears. If you've never had a Harry and David pear then you've never had a good pear. Really. They taste SO MUCH better than any pear I've ever had from a grocery store or market. They are succulent, juicy, and full of flavor. My family always bought boxes of pears around the holidays and Mom used to send me boxes if I couldn't come home for Christmas. This year I bought a Living Social Deal for a box of pears and savored EVERY one. These are super expensive, but honestly worth every penny for a holiday splurge.
4. Speciality Coffee Drinks. Yum! The fancier the name the better: Milky Way Latte, Spanish Mocha, Carmel Brulee Latte, you get the idea. I do love Starbucks and probably end up there more frequently than not for my coffee splurges because it is just down the road, but I will say that for the most part I prefer the local coffee shops. Back in DE at my parents house this past week I enjoyed a Milky Way Latte from Brew Ha-Ha.
5. Mani/Pedi. My mom has spoiled me. Whenever she's in town or I'm at home she treats me to a mani/pedi. I love being pampered and really I think my hands and feet look so much prettier when my nails are painted. And goodness knows, I can't paint my own...
I realize my nails look black in these pictures, but it is actually a really pretty deep eggplant color.
What are some of your favorite splurge items or treats?
And oh yeah, Katie is hosting another great group giveaway over at ...for Lauren and Lauren. I'm giving away an Aveda hand lotion gift set. You know you want to try some...
Linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday