First of all, I will say that writing down monthly goals really has helped me this past month. Because I wrote them down and knew I would be "held accountable" for my accomplishments (or lack thereof) I was more aware of my actions and working to meet my goals. Really, these monthly goals are a fabulous idea! Thanks ladies!
To re-cap my December Goals:
1. Stick to our grocery budget.
Done with money leftover! Chris was out of town for 10 days and then we also spent 9 days in DE with my parents, so it is a bit of a "cheating" success, but I'll still take it!
2. Don't stress out over packing/traveling for Christmas!
Ok, so I did get really stressed out several days before we were scheduled to leave because of all I wanted to get done, but I did not stress at all about packing or the final couple days before we left. This is good for me. I will count it as a success.
3. Eat Sweets and Christmas Cookies in MODERATION.
Umm, didn't do as well as I would have liked, but I guess it could have been worse. I admit I played the pregnancy card a little too often.
4. Take a prenatal vitamin everyday.
Fail. But in my defense this was a poorly stated and probably unrealistic goal. Any goal should be achievable and perfection is a bit much to expect. I probably averaged about 3 or 4 per week, which is much better than I had been doing....
5. Get my Christmas cards sent out by Tuesday Dec. 11th.
Done! We got them all addressed Monday night and I dropped them off at the post-office on the 11th!
6. Exercise three days/week
1. Take a prenatal vitamin 5 times/week
2. Clean out 2012 files and move into storage. Shred 2009 files.
3. Get all Christmas decorations cleaned up and put away by this Saturday
4. DO NOT LEAVE work early today! It is a holiday and I am getting holiday pay. I need to stick it out for the whole shift no matter how tempting it is to go home early!
5. Enjoy more "play-time" with my sweet baby girl and encourage her to play with her baby doll in preparation for the new baby
6. Do one DIY project this month
7. Stick to our grocery budget. (We'll try this one again)
8. Complete proof for 2011 family photo book.
We have all these great pictures on my computer and decided this year that we would make yearly "photo albums" with the highlights of our year and collect them over the years as our family albums. I need to choose which company and style we are going to go with and get started! My hope is to finish the layout of the 2011 book this month and the 2012 book in February so I can order them before the new baby is born!
And for the record I do not make New Year's resolutions. It may work for some people, but I find that I tend to forget whatever they were after about a month. I've seen some great ones, but I really don't have any long-term goals right now. Monthly goals are much more realistic and achievable for me.