- 2/3 cup uncooked brown rice (I used quinoa)
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp Tony's seasoning (or other favorite seasoning)
- olive oil (I have never measured olive oil in my life)
- 1 1/ 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
|(the pineapple is not part of the recipe...)|
And the ziploc bag is homemade chicken stock that I cooked the lentils and quinoa in rather than water to add some extra flavor
Cook rice (or quinoa) according to package directions. Set aside
Cook lentils according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Saute onion, green pepper, and garlic with olive oil large skillet over medium heat. Saute until tender.
Stir in lentils, tomatoes, and next five ingredients.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
Stir in brown rice (or quinoa)
Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving