Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We were in Chattanooga all week, so it felt like an especially long holiday for for me.  I'm not ready to go back to the "real world"  Chris had a couple meetings with some pastors up in Chattanooga so we headed up there last Monday evening after I got home from work.  Being anywhere outside my own house forces me to relax.  At home there is always something that needs to be cooked or cleaned- but when I'm not here I can't do it.  So last week was a nice break.

It was fun to hangout with family and I think the cousins had fun playing together.









Sweet Kisses


Phoebe also had fun playing with Knox at Mamo's house.





Who do you think Jimmy looks like?





Yep, Uncle Chris.  That's a baby picture of Chris on the left.




On Thursday the whole family came over to Mamo's and Papo's for Thanksgiving.  We enjoyed fun family time and an abundance of good food.  

On Friday I got up and went shopping for those Black Friday deals at the crack of dawn with Catrina and Margaret.  I have never gotten up at 4am to go out on black Friday before.  In 2007 and also 2010 I ran out to a few stores on my way home from work, but nothing crazy.

Pouring over ads on Thursday I found the baby monitor we wanted for baby #2 for 1/2 price at Babies R Us.  I had a mission.  I had had my eye on this Motorola Digital Video Monitor, but had not been able to justify spending over $200.  The monitor on sale had a smaller video screen, but it was only $69.99.  (Still less than it is on Amazon now for cyber Monday) Score.  Babies R Us opened at 5am, so we were they by 4:45am waiting in line like crazy people.  But you know what?  I got the monitor.  Well actually Catrina got it for me- she knew where to go and headed straight there.  I stopped to get a cart; apparently I have a lot to learn about Black Friday shopping.  But I got one of three available so I was pretty proud of myself, well Catrina really. 





 I will say despite the line, it was a pretty tame crowd.  There was no running, no shoving, no elbows or anything else crazy going on between the pregnant women and mommys at Babies R Us.  Most everyone else was headed for the diapers and wipes they had on sale- which were by the way a pretty good deal if you don't mind off-brand diapers/wipes.  The big boxes of wipes were $5 and the big boxes of about 100 diapers were $10.  I snagged a couple boxes to try them out.  I was talking to one lady in line and she said they do this Black Friday deal every year.  She stocks up on Black Friday and only buys diapers once/year.  Something to consider you deal savvy mamas.  

We headed onto the mall next.  And it really wasn't bad AT ALL.  The mall in Chattanooga opened at midnight so most of the craziness had already taken place by 5:30-6am.  It was a fun morning and I got some good deals.  I would probably do it again.  As long as a Starbucks and afternoon nap are a part of the deal.

Did you go out on Black Friday at all?  If so, how was it?



Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!