Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for our country and the right to vote.  No, the election did not go as I had hoped, but I got a say and so did every other citizen.  We have chosen our next leader without violence or oppression and that is something to be thankful for.  
Reading through several different commentaries and aftermath of Election Day 2012 I am reminded especially now of the importance of praying for President Obama and his family.  "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way." 1 Timothy 2:1-2.  He is our nation's leader for the next four years.  May the Lord grant the President and his advisers wisdom and turn their hearts and affections towards Himself.
On multiple occasions over the past several weeks I have heard people threatening to move their family to Panama or Costa Rica and various countries if the election did not turn out according to their liking.  Depending on what area of the country you are from, you might have overheard similar statements.  I'm sorry, but I think that is silly.  I am thankful for the country I live in and have no plans of moving elsewhere.  So we will stay and we will continue to faithfully serve our nation and our President holding the future up in prayer.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!