Wednesday, August 14, 2013

phoebe is two!

Sorry it has taken me forever to get these pictures up!  Phoebe turned two on Aug. 3rd.  Hard to believe how much she has changed in the past couple years and especially the past  3 or 4 months!  We decided when she was born we would only do a big party every other year and then just do a smaller (cheaper) family celebration on on the off years.  We had a fun party last year for her first birthday and this year my family came into town and we just played and grilled out.





Phoebe got to wear the birthday hat on her special day.  (I have a mild obsession with fun hats...)



After lunch we had cupcakes and opened presents.  Since Phoebe isn't a big fan of food in general (and I didn't want a big cake around the house that I would be tempted to eat) I didn't bother making a cake or cupcakes.  (Remember this is the low-key birthday year)  I bought a couple mini-cupcakes at the bakery and surprise, surprise she didn't eat them.


She kept trying to give them away...  She did finally try it and take a couple bites, but she didn't eat anymore than that.


Then we opened presents.  Phoebe has been loving Minnie Mouse lately so I was excited for her to open her Minnie Mouse stuffed animal from my mom.  No surprise, she loved it!  Minnie has been her constant companion from that moment on.




She also got a fun music set from my brother that she has enjoyed playing with.





That evening we did have another family over to eat burgers.  The kids played outside in the baby pool and water table.  It was a fun day celebrating Phoebe!








Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Can I just say that your daughter's curls are absolutely beautiful?? Wow!
    I like the idea of a bigger birthday party one year and a smaller one the next...something to think about for when my daughter is a bit older. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect birthday celebration! She is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) birthday to Phoebe! It looks like she had such a fun day and her hair is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definite love at first sight with Minnie :-) Looks like a lovely day.

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Friday Baby Shower, Alice @ Mums Make Lists

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!