Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Big Sister

Phoebe is transitioning well into the roll of a big sister.  At first she didn't want to have anything to do with the new baby, but she is slowly warming up for her.  When Phoebe first visited us in the hospital, she was intrigued by the baby, and kept pointing saying "baby!  baby!"



She got a stuffed "Mater" from baby Haddie Grace.





Since coming home, Phoebe has started to show some more interest in her baby sister.  She enjoys pointing out her feet and helping to "swing" Haddie Grace when she's in the baby swing.  Apparently the swing doesn't swing as high or as fast as Phoebe thinks it should...

The beauty of having two girls is that you can dress them alike.














Phoebe had refused to hold or really touch Haddie Grace until she was about 2 weeks old.  And then one day she grabbed Haddie Grace around the waist when she was on her play mat and dragged her out.  We asked Phoebe if she wanted to hold Haddie Grace, and she said yes.  She has now held her and asked to hold her several times.  She also likes to lay down next to Haddie Grace on her play mat and show her all the toys hanging down.


The girls are very cute together and I pray will grow up to be best friends.





Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures!!!

    Love your blog! I'm so glad you linked up with us for {too cute!} Tuesday! Are you on Bloglovin'? I'd love to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be a great big sister! Kids have such curious minds and are the best of helpers! They are adorable together in their matching outfits :) And you look great!!! I know I don't know you IRL but I truly am just so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! What a great big sister! Your girls are absolutely adorable! :)

    Thanks so much for linking up! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. So I just realized that you have two kids. Wow! You're a real adult. And they're both precious. I love the thing one and thing two outfits. And it's crazy how much Phoebe looks like you and Haddie looks like Chris. That's just insane. I want girls. Tim wants boys and insists we will not be having girls. It's funny because he comes from a family of all boys and I come from one of all girls, so I guess family backgrounds have a lot to do with what you're used to. It makes me laugh, but I know if we have a girl on day Tim will be wrapped around her little finger. :D We aren't going to have kids for a few years, though. When's the big move coming up?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cuteness- and love that Phoebe got a stuffed Mater. that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doing good for introducing baby and have big Sis accept so fast. My first was very unhappy for a long time when I brought baby #2 home, of course they are now best friends and #3 didnt even phase them but.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!