- When I found out I was pregnant with Phoebe I was SO anxious and thought about the baby ALL THE TIME. I was so worried something would go wrong. So worried. I thought about the possibility of horrible very frequently throughout the entire pregnancy. I did multiple ultrasounds of myself at work and listened to the baby's heart rate at least once a week before I was feeling regular movements. I immediately wanted to know what I could and couldn't eat and do.
- This pregnancy I have barely thought about it. I really have not been anxious at all. I have forgotten that I was pregnant many times and haven't followed those "dos and don'ts" very well at all. I have not done one ultrasound on myself or listened to the baby's heart rate.
- I started taking pre-natal vitamins when we were just thinking about maybe having a baby last time
- I didn't even think about taking pre-natal vitamins until 2 or 3 weeks after I knew I was pregnant. And even then I'm embarrassed to say I didn't think of it on my own. Someone else was talking about me taking them (assuming that I was) and I thought "hmm, that would probably be a good idea"
- I was not nauseous when I was pregnant with Phoebe. (I could count on one hand the number of waves of nausea I had) I did not have headaches with my first pregnancy.
- Although my nausea was not near as bad as it could have been and it certainly didn't last the whole first trimester, I had about 3 weeks of feeling nauseous and it was not fun. And the headaches- I get them all the time!
- I had no food aversions at all
- Coffee, yogurt, and nuts I couldn't eat for the longest time (I still can't do yogurt, but thankfully coffee and nuts have made the good list again)
- My abs held that baby pooch in so well the first time. I wasn't showing for the longest time
- I certainly started showing much earlier this time. I was bigger at 14 weeks than I was at 17 weeks last time