Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Second Pregnancy

I know it is still early, but first 15 weeks of this pregnancy has been a very different experience from my pregnancy with Phoebe.  And don't get me wrong- I am not complaining at all!  It really has not been bad at all- just different.  My pregnancy with Phoebe was almost so picture perfect that of course it couldnt' be repeated.


  • When I found out I was pregnant with Phoebe I was SO anxious and thought about the baby ALL THE TIME.  I was so worried something would go wrong.  So worried.  I thought about the possibility of horrible very frequently throughout the entire pregnancy.  I did multiple ultrasounds of myself at work and listened to the baby's heart rate at least once a week before I was feeling regular movements.  I immediately wanted to know what I could and couldn't eat and do.  
  • This pregnancy I have barely thought about it.  I really have not been anxious at all.  I have forgotten that I was pregnant many times and haven't followed those "dos and don'ts" very well at all.  I have not done one ultrasound on myself or listened to the baby's heart rate.

  • I started taking pre-natal vitamins when we were just thinking about maybe having a baby last time
  • I didn't even think about taking pre-natal vitamins until 2 or 3 weeks after I knew I was pregnant.  And even then I'm embarrassed to say I didn't think of it on my own.  Someone else was talking about me taking them (assuming that I was) and I thought "hmm, that would probably be a good idea"

  • I was not nauseous when I was pregnant with Phoebe.  (I could count on one hand the number of waves of nausea I had)  I did not have headaches with my first pregnancy.
  • Although my nausea was not near as bad as it could have been and it certainly didn't last the whole first trimester, I had about 3 weeks of feeling nauseous and it was not fun.  And the headaches- I get them all the time!

  • I had no food aversions at all
  • Coffee, yogurt, and nuts I couldn't eat for the longest time  (I still can't do yogurt, but thankfully coffee and nuts have made the good list again)

  • My abs held that baby pooch in so well the first time.  I wasn't showing for the longest time
  • I certainly started showing much earlier this time.  I was bigger at 14 weeks than I was at 17 weeks last time
(And yes I remembered what shirt I was wearing when I took my first belly shot last time at 17 weeks and I put on that same shirt again)

14 weeks
9/14/12

17 weeks
March 2011





1 comment:

  1. Glad this pregnancy is going so well and doesn't have you stressed out! You look really pretty! And your hair looks really thick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!