Friday, January 25, 2013

high five for friday




From left to right:

1. Phoebe slept in her big girl bed all week this week!  Chris' parents brought down his old bunk beds last weekend for Phoebe.  I am so proud of her and it was a much easier transition than expected!  (There is a second rail on the front side of the bed too...)  She didn't fall out, she hasn't tried to climb out yet, she hasn't gotten her head or any other body part stuck between the wooden rails which are 30+ years old and I'm sure not approved by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission), and there have been no major tears shed so I'd say it has been a success.  

2. Highlight of my week was definitely seeing Les Mis with Chris for a date night.

3.  I am not a computer/techie person AT ALL.  Every time we've bought new phones or any new computer or computer equipment we've had one of Chris' students come over to set everything up for us.  We have been concerned about my computer dying for several weeks and for some reason we didn't think our external hard drive was backing up properly.  So we had a former student come over and not only fix our external hard drive so that it automatically backs up wirelessly at regular intervals, but he also suggested that I could possibly** extend the life of my 5+ year old MacBook by purchasing a new hard drive and some extra RAM.  He told us exactly what to get and he came over and installed everything in my computer did a bunch of technical stuff I don't understand but now my computer is running on a Lion operating system instead of Leopard (it came with Tiger...) and I love it!  Thanks Steven!!

4.  I am not a beauty product person.  (Unless its Aveda and then I do have a weakness.)  Until recently I used Pert Plus shampoo.  Before we got married I used Pantene or Garnier or whatever was on sale when I needed shampoo, but then one time I ran out and started using Chris' Pert Plus.  If anything I noticed my hair was a little bit softer and the 2:1 shampoo/conditioner shaved a few minutes off my morning shower as well as a few dollars off my drug store tab, so I've been using it ever since.  Over the past couple months I'd had heard several good things about this Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo, and have been curious.  I found the 13.5oz bottle of shampoo & conditioner, and a small bottle of penetrating oil at Costco all for $9.97 and decided that wasn't too expensive for me to try.  I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and I must admit I have noticed a difference in my hair.  It looks and feels much healthier and most importantly- it is not as frizzy when I wear it straight!!  It still looks shiny and smooth on day #2 after washing too.  I am pleasantly surprised and impressed.  I'm a convert.  I read the most about this on Meghan's blog.  She does beauty product reviews from time to time that I always enjoy reading but admit I am not one to venture out to experiment with new products.  Thanks Meghan!

5.  I had fun playing outside with Phoebe during the warm afternoon sun this week.  She has always loved bubbles, but this week has started wanting to blow them herself.  Adorable.  It has been so much fun to start to see her learn things and become more independent. 


Have a great weekend!!!


Linking up with Lauren 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow! A big girl bed already!!! I'm so impressed with little Phoebe! I'm definitely not brave enough to try it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try that shampoo too, but I can't give up my over-priced yet amazing Pureology. The smell is so good. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, les mis brought me to tears it was so amazing! what a fun date night :)

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute bedspread and pillow! and how nice that it was an easy transition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!