Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{WIWW} Date Night

On Monday night Chris and I went to dinner AND saw Les Miserables.  I know, I know- we're big time.  Wanting to dress up a little bit, here's what I wore:




I feel as if Chris and I don't get date nights out very often- at least not as often as I would like.  And while that is somewhat true, we do have an amazing group of college students who do babysit for us for free.  So in reality we've probably been out on 2 or 3 dates in the past 3 months or so.  Could be worse.  (We do get coffee together most Wednesday mornings- its just not all fancy with a babysitter.)

Anyhow, Chris had done some pre-marital counseling for a couple of former students last year, and they very graciously offered to babysit for us so we could have a date night.  And this was a date night done right: dinner and a movie.  Date nights don't normally involve both dinner and a movie because our budget doesn't typically allow for both.  But a couple of months ago I was digging through an old purse and found 2 regal movie passes!!  I mean it has been at least 2 years since I had used this purse, and we never buy movie passes so I have no idea where they came from, but I'm thankful for them! 





And I don't know if you boyfriends/husbands/brothers do something similar, but Chris has always thrown his change into a large jar at the end of the day.  We've cashed that in a couple times and gotten concert tickets with the money.  This past time, however, Chris had noticed that if you choose a gift certificate option on the CoinStar machines at the grocery store that the machine doesn't take a cut of your money.  So he took his jar to CoinStar and ended up with an Amazon.com gift card and Chili's gift card.  Chris LOVES Chilis.  So anyhow, we ate dinner at Chilis and after our gift card our bill ended up being .45.  Sweet!  We figured without all the little surprises and generosity of friends our date night could have easily run us $100.





We had a great time.  It was fun to have a whole night to ourselves out of the house.  And I LOVED Les Mis.  It is just such a phenomenal story!!  I've seen it on Broadway twice (maybe 3 times).  It is by far my all-time favorite musical!  Of course the movie was nowhere near as good as the musical, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.  It really is a beautiful story of forgiveness, redemption, and regeneration.  



Dress: Target
Cardigan: Target
Belt: Target
Necklace: Etsy/Christmas gift
Shoes: Ecco


Thankful for a fun night out with my husband.


Photobucket


pleated poppy



6 comments:

  1. you look so great! Glad you guys had a fun date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace with this outfit!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a fun date night! Kyle and I are the same way, we just went out on a date and I think the last time we did before then was JULY!! Crazy! Can't wait to see Les Mis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that necklace. That is absolutely incredible that your entire date night cost only a few cents after the giftcards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look adorable - I can only hope I'll look that good pregnant some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic!!! Hat an adorable outfit!!! I love those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!