Wednesday, February 6, 2013

{WIWW} sunshine on a cloudy day

So last Wednesday was tornado weather here in GA, and quite frankly it was a yucky day.  Lots of rain, lots of wind, and not a lot of sunshine.  I thought a bright yellow cardigan was in order that morning to try and brighten the day.

And I love my rain boots; they make rainy days just a little bit better :)






 Shirt: Gap maternity tank (old)
Cardigan: Gap Outlet (old)
Skirt: Gap maternity (thrifted)
Scarf: gift
Belt: Target
Boots: DSW (old)


As a side note, I was thinking back to when I first started posting outfit posts back in September.  Originally I started taking pictures of my outfits to post to hold me accountable to getting dressed in the morning- not something I always did as a {mostly} SAHM and especially not during the first trimester of this pregnancy.  And you know what- it has really worked!  I get dressed almost every day these days and love it!  Yesterday I didn't leave the house at all because I was trying out potty training boot camp {it is not working for the record} so I stayed in yoga pants and a sweatshirt all day and didn't dry my hair.   I felt awful and so lazy!!  So getting dressed makes a big difference in how I feel about the day. Taking pictures has been pretty fun too; we've definitely gotten better over the past several months :)  So thanks for the accountability, y'all!



Photobucket




pleated poppy





Enjoying the Journey

7 comments:

  1. you are so adorable!! what a cute outfit!! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable... totally rocking this pregnancy! We're also working on potty training our younger daughter.... let's just say that I've now postponed it to my spring break from work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! as I sit here in PJ's trying to find motivation to get me in gym cloths and baby dressed! You look adorable, adore the rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain boots are a fun way to dress up on a rainy day! I love my hounds-tooth pair! Thanks for linking up with Living the Journey today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! I love that these posts have kept you accountable for getting dressed in the morning and that you've found that it helps you feel better. I can definitely attest to the fact that on weekends I feel so much better about my days and get more done when I get dressed in the mornings and plan some things for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you look so cute! I love the rain boots. :)

    Found your blog via Shanna Said So! :)

    xo – Sheila
    Enter to win $25 Giftcard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen,
    Thanks so much for linking up today! Love the rain boots and I'm thinking I might have to get me some cute ones to wear on muddy job sites. But then again, they might not be that cute after all that mud... Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!