Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{WIWW} The "Magic" Dress

How many articles of clothing do you own that you can (or think you could) wear normally and then all 9 (really closer to 10) months of pregnancy?  I bought this dress several years ago at The MART down in Atlanta.  (The MART for those of you who aren't aware is a whole-sale distrubuter of jewerlry & accessories in downtown Atlanta.  You have to be a boutique owner/buyer to be admitted in.  ...Or have really good connections.  It is where boutiques all around the southeast buy their products.)  Anyhow,  I loved the dress!  It is super comfy and a bit bohemian.  

When I was pregnant with Phoebe I also found that it was the perfect maternity dress!  Magic!  With its long skirt and empire waist it hung right over my bump and amazingly wasn't too short in the front.

Here I am at one of my baby's showers for Phoebe 38 weeks pregnant:



I couldn't find a picture of myself in the dress not pregnant, but I promise it is cute and doesn't look frumpy at all.

And then most recently dressed up with a few accessories:










Dress- Unknown.  Found at The MART in Atlanta 3 years ago.  Probably sold in some high-end boutique.  I like to think of it as unique :)
Cardigan- Express (early college)
Boots- Steve Madden (DSW 3 years ago)
Pin- Thirty-One Flat Rosette (Early Christmas Present this year)
Bracelets- Target (early Christmas present this year) and the yellow stone one is from Kenya


pleated poppy


Also linking up with Mommy Only Has 2 Hands for Hump Day!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love the dress!! Super cute! :) I have a dress that is similar in style where it is very long and I can probably wear it this summer when I am 8-9 months pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so pretty. you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!