Tuesday, December 18, 2012

{WIWW} I Confess

I confess that this is not an outfit from this past week- or even the past couple of weeks.  I didn't have a chance to take any pictures this past week, but I did have a few pictures from about a month ago that I thought I could share today. 

I love the pop of color in the sweater and a good white coat (or red or purple or whatever) is an essential in my book.




Sweater- Pea Pod Maternity or Motherhood Maternity- one of those stores
Skirt- same
Pumps- BCBG (DSW find in college)
Coat- Guess (Black Friday deal 5 years ago)



I confess that I got WAY too excited about this futuristic bathroom at Piedmont Park a couple weeks ago.





But really, let me tell you how amazing this thing was.  So we were just walking into the park and I was thinking "hmm, I could really use a porta-potty right now" when I look over and see this silver thing with a toilet sign on it.  Mind you, it looks nothing like a restroom.   You walk in the door and it starts talking to you.  Yep, the bathroom senses you are there and tells you what button to push to make the door slide shut and lock.  You push another button to get the toilet paper to come out.  And perhaps my favorite- the toilet flushes automatically when you wash your hands.  You hit the button again to open the door and exit.  


I confess that this is how Chris and I dressed for the Christmas event at our "new" church that he has been preaching at.  The bulletin said dress in "festive Christmas attire"  To me that means: tacky Christmas sweater.  But just to be sure I asked 2 or 3 different parties who all re-assured me it meant tacky.  Well let's just say we stuck out like a sore thumb- joke's on the new guy.



I confess that when I first started this blog I had no idea that you needed to (or even could...) re-size your pictures to upload them to your blog.  So I was uploading full-size pictures for about a year before I got this nasty little message that I had no space left and needed to pay for more!  What?  I like the blog, and it is somewhat therapeutic, but it is not worth spending money on.  So I have started going back: deleting, re-sizing, and re-uploading all my pictures to maximize my free-space allowance.  Its pretty time consuming and I haven't gotten very far...  But I'm still posting so I have "bought" myself enough space for now.

I confess that I was not an English major and I never cared much for grammar or spelling.  Chris tells me I have an impressive amount of spelling and grammar mistakes on my blog.  I don't care.  Sorry.

And finally, I confess that this blog post idea was not my own.  I read a confessions post from Katie at ...for Lauren and Lauren several months ago and thought it was super cute; it made an impression. 


pleated poppy




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh. What in the world is a park doing spending money on that kind of toilet? Seems very cool, but if they've got that kind of money sitting around maybe they could lend it to other government programs. And I LOVE that you wore those outfits as your festive Christmas attire. I hope to much that people thought you were serious, because that's HILARIOUS!!! Like, I laughed out loud. Haha!! I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very interesting bathroom, for sure! It would intrigue me! And love (and laugh at) your festive attire! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I absolutely love that white coat. Black Friday deal 5 years ago?! Score!! Totally doesn't even look 5 years old! By the way, I just found your blog from the Random Wednesday link up! Excited to be following along. Oh and just so you know, you aren't the only one that's done a late WIW post - when I feel cute I will do one without know when I'll post it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coat looks SO SO good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!