Wednesday, November 7, 2012

{WIWW} Stripes all Wrong

When I tried on this top in the store, it looked great.  I was really excited to wear it.  When I first put it on last week to wear it, I did the quick mirror check and the outfit passed.  However, looking at these pictures several days later I am not so impressed.  This was the outfit I photographed last week, so I will share.  I certainly don't hit the mark everyday...
First of all the belt on top of the horizontal stripes just seems to hit all wrong.  Perhaps I had pulled the tunic down too far?  I'm not sure, but I don't like the belt with the horizontal stripes.  Mistake #1.
(This picture is also wrong because it looks like a high school senior photo.  I need to work on my poses as well...)





Mistake #2- the cowl neckline and the stripes makes my breasts look very abnormal.  I mean this makes my body look weirdly asymmetrical. Again I think I have it pulled funny, but this looks all sorts of wrong.







Overall, I'm thinking the problem is how the tunic is hugging me.  Maybe if I pay more attention to that next time, I could wear it without it looking funny.


And the worst part?  My sweet husband who did such a good job accessorizing my outfit two weeks ago, didn't even tell me how wrong this looks.  I am just hoping that I somehow subconsciously fixed this before we out out for dinner that evening.






Phoebe wanted to get in on the photo shoot.  This is actually the best picture because she hides all the wrong.  Thanks baby girl!



Tunic- Motherhood Maternity
Leggings- Motherhood Maternity
Cardigan- Target (old)
Boots- Nine West (old)
Earrings- boutique from college

Hopefully I can do better next time! 


pleated poppy


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I like the shirt (even with the belt). It doesn't look bad at all!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lauren! You are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually think it looks really cute. i always look back though on certain outfits and wonder what the heck was i thinking! haha. we are probably too critical of ourselves.
    found you today through wiww-yay! im your newest follower- come see me when you have time. www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!