Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{WIWW} Accessories

I'm not going to lie, this is probably my favorite WIWW outfit to date.  I don't typically pull off a lot of accessories well, but I think I did pretty good this week.  And I must admit I had my husband's help.  He might not like me saying this, but he has an eye for women's fashion.  As I was getting dressed this particular morning, I had planned on wearing the scarf and flower, but didn't have them on yet.  He walked in the room at that point and told me I needed to "accessorize".  No, I'm not kidding.  He said that.
He was much happier with the scarf, but suggested a belt as well.  Hmm, I wasn't originally planning on the belt, but it worked out quite well.  (He must have read your comments in response to my belt finale post, encouraging me to rock the skinny belts with the pregnant belly.)  I went through a couple belts, before we both agreed yellow was best.  I found the yellow bracelet to tie it together.
What do you think?











Top & leggings- Pea in the Pod Maternity
Cardigan- Target couple years ago
Scarf- Christmas gift from my sister-in-law 
Flower- new purchase at the Marietta Farmer's Market Artist Market last weekend.  I was so excited to wear it!
Belt- Ann Taylor Loft last year
Bracelet- Kazuri (Purchased from our trip to Kenya in 2008)  Kazuri great brand/company that provides work for women in Nairobi.  We toured the work-shop and it was fascinating.  Read more about it here.
Boots- Steve Madden purchased from DSW a couple years ago
Thanks for your help Chris!
pleated poppy

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! And the belt looks amazing - I think it's what really ties the outfit together :) Your husband did a good job. I think all (most?) men know what they like when it comes to their wife/fiance/girlfriend/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit! I think your hubby was right, I love the scarf & belt with this outfit. The belt is adorable as it shows off your cute little belly. :) Visiting from the Pleated Poppy link up party, hope you have a great day!

    xo,

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute! I love the flower and the belt! Tim thinks he knows women's fashions too and suggests things for me sometimes. Although lately he's uttered "can't you just wear normal clothes sometimes? Why does it always have to be fashion?" It makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a beautiful mommy to be! And I assume you're petite like me, which is encouraging because you're quite stylish during your pregnancy! Loving this look!

    Kimberly
    KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from WIWW-- I love this look! I think the yellow belt was the right choice! It is the perfect accent color for this outfit :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit! I recently had my first baby and belts were such a lifesaver for my wardrobe! I actually ended up buying a lot of bigger tops from Forever 21, Old Navy and Loft and used a belt to make them maternity cloths... Real maternity stuff can be so expensive! You are a super cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look adorable!! i love the yellow and blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh yes! i love seeing a kazuri bracelet on you! i am a HUGEEEE fan of kazuri! so glad we have a love for Kenya in common :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is way better with fashion than me. I've been told many times that I need to accessorize! Lol, glad I'm not the only one :) Loving the pop of color with your belt and bracelet!

    twolovebirdswithoutanest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!