Wednesday, September 19, 2012

{WIWW} Accountability

I am typically not one to highlight my outfits or wardrobe because really I don't consider myself that stylish (that is why I look at all all the rest of your blogs!)  But when I came across this link-up from the pleated poppy I thought it was a fabulous idea.

She is a SAHM (or stay at home mom for those who are not hip on the short-hand) who was needing some accountability for getting dressed each day.  I CAN TOTALLY RELATE.  It is so easy for me to stay in my PJs or simply run around in sweat pants and a t-shirt all week long and feel like a complete bum.  So this is now my accountability for showering (yes) and dressing myself at least a few times each week.

Actually I will confess at the beginning of the summer I was feeling a bit down about my closet and very much wanting to go on a shopping spree because I felt like I did not have anything to wear.  I also felt like I would wear the same thing all the time because it was easy and I don't have time in the mornings (or afternoons) anymore go try on different things to put together an outfit.  It needs to there in front of me so I can just put it on.

I felt like I had a lot of clothes from college and yes even high school, but was wanting to personify more of the mom/pastor's wife roll than the single college girl.  And in all fairness I was pregnant last summer so didn't have any new summer clothes and was in Kenya the summer before so it had been a couple years since I had done any summer shopping.  So with some extra money I hired a girl to come do a wardrobe consult for me.  She came over and helped me go through my closet and put together outfits with clothes and accessories I already had!  It was fabulous.  It turned out I had way more outfit possibilities that I liked than I had realized.  She took pictures of everything for me so I would remember it all.  The only thing I regretted was her not being able to stay longer and put together more outfits!  She did confirm that I wasn't crazy and I really did not have a lot of summer clothing, but we put together some great Fall outfits and she helped me incorporate a couple of accessories and shoes that I had bought but didn't really know how to wear or what to pair them with.  So now that its starting (hopefully) to get a bit cooler and more "Fall-esque" I am excited to show off some my own closet shopping!

Ugh, I hate pictures of myself- I'm going to have to work on these, but unashamedly here you go (these for the record are not outfits the "stylist" helped me put together)-




Shirt- Target (a couple years ago)
Jeans- Gap skinny Jeans.  My absolute favorite.  I wear them ALL the time
The earrings are hard to see, but they are cute.  From one of my favorite boutiques in the Highlands from my college days
Cardigan- Also Target
Shoes- Ecco.  Love Ecco Shoes.  Love the Ecco outlet in Dawsonville even more




Dress- Gap
Scarf- gift from a friend from India probably about 5 years ago
Earrings- from that same boutique in the Highlands.  (All my fun jewelry is probably going to be from college) I must do a better job getting pictures of the jewelry
Shoes- Also Ecco.  These red shoes are my favorite.  There is no place like home

pleated poppy

1 comment:

  1. I love that she inspired you to get dressed during days when you don't really have to. I did that on Sunday just to be around the house and watch football and I was so happy that I did. I felt so great being in real clothes instead of yoga pants or sweats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make my day!